10 quick facts about Jonathan and Rebecca:
- Jonathan and Rebecca met when they were 10 years old, and started dating when they were 14.
- They began playing music together when they were 17 in the band Lace & Ash. They started performing as Forest Mountain Hymnal while in college.
- They can play a combined total of 10 instruments and own too many.
- Jonathan and Rebecca graduated from Sewanee: the University of the South in 2011 and remain extremely proud of their alma mater. (Yea, Sewanee’s Right!)
- Jonathan and Rebecca lived in Nantes, France their first year of marriage.
- Jonathan is functionally fluent in Spanish, French, and English, and also speaks some Maya K’iche’. Rebecca feels inadequate with her French/English bilingualism, and hopes to some day catch up and be a polyglot.
- Jonathan and Rebecca own 6 chickens.
- They currently reside in Nashville, their hometown, but have deep roots in the Appalachians, as they both have relatives from coal communities.
- They have one son who is the love of their life, Jonathan Edmond, called Edmond for Edmond Dantes, Edmund Pevensie, and a rather grim folk song they’re working on rewriting.
- They are amazingly excited about this project.